Paul Chen's Great Wakizashi Wave for Hanwei displays the Japanese Motif Tomoe often used for family coats of arms
and sanctuary decoration. The Tsuba, Fuchi and Kashira are made of blackened iron and feature the Tomoe mon.
The blade is hand forged in high carbon T10 steel and features a long kissaki. It is differentially hardened to
produce a distinct hamon.
The saya is deeply haired in black. Tsuka ray skin has a premium Japanese fabric
Black cotton wrap with a matching sageo.
The corresponding Great Wave Katana (product No. SH5004) and Great Wave Tanto (product no. SH5022) are also available to complete
Made by Hanwei.
- Steel blade T10
- Deeply haired in black saya
- Ideal for cutting exercises
- Blade material: High carbon steel T10
- Total length: approx. 67.3 cm
- Blade length: approx. 47.6 cm
- Weight: approx. 765 g
- Balance point: approx. 10.2 cm from guard
- Blade width in protection: approx. 3 cm
- Blade width at tip: approx. 2 cm
- Blade thickness in protection: approx. 7 mm
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 6 mm
- Sori: approx. 1.3 cm