The elegantly simple lines of the Paul Chen / Hanwei Golden Oriole Wakizashi have long been favored by japanese admirers
The story told by the dazzling tsuba is of a praying mantis sneaking around a cricket, not knowing that he himself is being
chased by a golden porridge.
The blade is hand forged in high carbon steel and is differentially hardened to display a distinct hamon.
The deeply laqueted blue of the saya is repeated in japanese cotton tsuka-ito, and a cricket motif appears
again in kashira.
Each Wakizashi comes with a custom fabric bag for proper protection and a Japanese blade maintenance kit.
The corresponding Golden Oriole Katana (Product No. SH1018) is also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
- Hand-forged high carbon steel
- Traditional construction
- Blade material: High carbon steel T10
- Rockwell hardness: approx. 60 HRC (edge) / approx. 40 HRC (back)
- Total length: approx. 69.9 cm
- Blade length: approx. 50.8 cm
- Cable length: approx. 17.2 cm
- Weight: approx. 737 g
- Balance point: approx. 10.2 cm from guard
- Blade width in protection: approx. 2.7 cm
- Blade width at tip: approx. 1.9 cm
- Blade thickness in protection: approx. 7 mm
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 5 mm