Deal of the days
U.S. Heavy Cavalry Sword with Steel Sheath
$165.78 50% DISCOUNT
During the American Civil War (1861-1965), swords and sabers were not only produced directly in the American territory, but also imported en masse from Europe by both the Union and the Confederate States, which explains why the original survivors exist in many variations.
This beautiful and good-value sword is not a replica of an original historical piece, but is based on a French design that was quite popular among officers and soldiers common on both sides of the conflict (and was used by many countries during the 19th century).
The EN45 spring steel straight blade is full on both sides. The largest full runs the top half of the blade along the spine and ends about two-thirds of the blade. The unscrewed edge is about 0.8 mm thick and the full blade post is caught in the apple.
The generously sized cable consists of a protective plate from which four bars extend upwards to connect with the sturdy handle. The four-bar protector and top are made of brass and come with a beautiful patina. The core of the handle is made of wood and wrapped in black leather and braided brass wire.
The cavalry sword is delivered with a steel sheath with two carrying bands, articulated suspension rings and a ball-shaped trim or shoe.
Please note that this sword is not a weapon ready for battle. It is designed as a collector's piece or decoration/display and is not suitable for combat reenactment. In addition to its quality as a collectible, it is also perfectly suited as a prop.
- Material: EN45 steel spring (high carbon steel, non-stainless), old-fashioned brass cable, leather-coated wooden cable and brass wire
- Total length: approx. 106 cm
- Blade length: approx. 90 cm
- Cable length: approx. 14.5 cm (grip approx. 10 cm)
- max. Blade width: approx. 3 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 4 mm (top third towards approx. 0.8 mm)
- Cutting edge: approx. 0.8 mm
- Balance point: approx. 17.8 cm from guard
Incl. Metal sheath with transport rings
- Weight without sheath: approx. 1.3 kg
- Weight with sheath: approx. 2 kg