The Roman Gladius is perhaps the best-known piece of ancient weaponry. It is a simple and long blade, with a double edge and a long tip, making it a Ideal weapon for stabbings or piercings that could defeat the armor of its time.
Cold Steel's® interpretation is not a reproduction of a specific ancient Gadius, but is a collection of the key features of this venerable sword. The blade, for example, has the traditional shape, but unlike the old version, it is made of high-carbon steel with spring quenching. It is fully honed on both edges and has a fine mirror polish. The tip is long but sturdy enough to resist bending or breaking. It also has a rosewood handle, carved and decorated in a classic style.
The wooden scabbard is covered in black leather and accented with a throat, cover, and carrying rings made of solid brass.
- Roman Gladius
- Blade material: High carbon steel
- Overall length: approx. 71.1 cm
- Blade length: approx. 50.8 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 8 mm
- Cable length: approx. 20.3 cm
- Weight: approx. 1.2 kg (incl. hem approx. 1.6 kg)
- Cold Steel® Product No.: CS-SW-RMNGLD